Wednesday, November 7, 2012

For Mother Russia!




I had a look at all my sorted out bits and then I realised it was all wrong. So much snapping off of minis and regluing later I have my Russian Army.


It includes:
1 Strelkovy Company  incl Command Rifle/MG Team, 3 Rifle Platoons and Komissar Team 365 points
1 Strelkovy Machine Gun Company, including Command Rifle Team,and 1 Machine-Gun Platoon 80 points
1 Strelkovy Scout Platoon, incl Command Recce SMG team, and 2 Scout Squads of Recce SMG Teams 165 points
plus 2 more Komissars and  some Russian Peasants (really must get more of these)

...so 610 points all up.

I may need to get some more rifle guys just to pad out the units as I was using some dead russians the Kommisars had killed to ad to the units. THAT'S WHY THEY'RE FEARLESS.

5 comments:

  1. Good job, Sam. Must admit when I first started this FoW lark, I ended up with the wrong figures on bases too... took a little while to figure it out, but the guides in the BF supplements are very helpful...

    Are you getting stats from Eastern Front or Red Bear (or V3 army lists?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only ended up with 4 on each base to make the required 3 rifle platoons. Is that a bad thing? or can you do rankfiller like other games?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure, not really up on soviets , put the pictogram represenatation from the army list books you are using, usually shows how many figures you need per base... I got caught out once as some german sections have a base of 4 figures and one of 5, alternating through the platoon. Took me a while to figure it out...

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Cool - I think the V3 lists are geared for late war...

      Delete